Do you have opinions about DeKalb’s future? During the month of July, community members are invited to give their opinions and ideas for DeKalb’s strategic plan.
The planning effort, which will result in a 10-year vision for the City, will be driven by input from community members. The City is turning to city residents, students, workers and employers to share their ideas about DeKalb’s future.
Community conversations are being held throughout the City at various locations. Each conversation will be structured to help residents participate in the visioning process.
Each 90-minute community conversation will be held at a different location throughout July at the following locations, days and times:
– July 14, 7 p.m., Hopkins Park Community Center, 1403 Sycamore Rd.
– July 15, 2 p.m., Barsema Alumni and Visitors Center, 231 N. Annie Glidden Rd.
– July 21, 7 p.m., Faranda’s Banquet Hall, 302 Grove St.
– July 24, 10 a.m., DeKalb Wesleyan Church, 1115 S. Malta Rd.
– July 25, 10 a.m., New Hope Baptist Church, 1201 Twombly Rd.
– July 27, 2 p.m., St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 900 Normal Rd.
– July 30, 7 p.m., River Heights Golf Course Banquet Hall, 1020 Sharon Dr.
All seven conversations are open to anyone and a seat may be reserved by calling (800) 874-1990.
For more information, visit the City’s strategic plan home page athttp://www.cityofdekalb.com/808/2015-Strategic-Plan.